The Eastern Cape has a footprint of 6063 across 254 cities and towns, the inadequacy and disadvantages of the Provence lives a gap in most schools that prejudices the leaners, teachers and surrounding rural communities. Providing Eastern Cape schools with ICT resources is a challenging task. At the most basic level, there is a serious shortage of the minimum infrastructure to support ICTs at many schools. E-Learning is flexible learning using ICT resources, and applications, while also focusing on the interaction among teachers, learners, and the online environment and on collaborative learning.
The Summit has become resilient in the ever-changing world of ICT demand industry, herewith are the Summit Main Objectives:
- To coordinate a stakeholder inclusive e-Learning Summit, under the leadership and advice of the Provincial Education Department.
- To contribute towards a global agenda of internet access for children of the world.
- To galvanize key stakeholders in the learning environment.
- To assist in the growth of the teaching professionals using e-Learning teaching tools.
- To contribute in the academic performance of learners using e-Learning tools.
- Develop with ICT and Teaching professional’s tools that can help in the management of schools leveraging on connected tools technologies.